Monday, October 24, 2011

On Trend: I got banged!


I totally needed a haircut.  I have pretty long hair, and by no means am I ready to cut it.  I see it almost as a security blanket but can admit that it can get kind of boring, and leaves me at times stuck in a hair rut.  I am always looking for what is on trend, this fall in hair trends are the bangs.  A lot of the banged looks have been paired with longer hair, a shorter crop or even the ever long lived bob.   Personally I think that the bang/fringe looks best with long hair.  It just adds that something extra without trying to hard.  I am pretty lucky that I have an oval face and can pretty much do any kind of bang and or part.  I don't think I would ever fully go blunt.  But I definitely will do the fringe and the bang. 

A few ways to wear the bang this season are as suggested.  

  • with a messy bohemian, grungy edge
  • with a taste of '60s sex kitten, but not too pin-up (think Francoise Hardy or Jane Birkin)
  • straight and sleek; elegant but still natural
 When my bangs get longer I definately going to wear the bang with a centre part and a small wave to the rest of my hair.  :0)  So what about you?  Do you plan on getting banged?

No comments:

Post a Comment