While my mom was here helping with the arrival of our new baby daughter, Nova-Anne, she would do the grocery shopping, and had brought home this insane yummy snack Kettle Corn. We munched out on two bags two days in a row. The treat is so tasty and sweet. There is just something about the crunch and the mixture of sweet and salty that I can not resist.
My husband being a cook was inspired to try making his own. Here is how he made the delicious yummy goodness.
You will need:
pot with handles and a cover
1/2 cup Canola oil
1 cup un popped corn kernels
1/2 cup sugar
salt to taste
1. Put the oil in a pot and heat to medium high.
3. Add kernels. Make sure they are spread out in one thin layer, and add the sugar.(some people prefer cane sugar or brown sugar)
4. Cover and let pop, as it's popping start shaking the covered pot around to let the kernels shake around so that the kernels can get to the bottom where it's hot,and so you don't burn your popcorn.
5. Continue shaking the covered pot around on the stove.
7. When the popping has slowed down, remove the pot from heat, add salt to your desired taste and let it cool.